Choosing a dumpster size is not an exact science, but that’s were experience comes in. Give us a call, we can discuss your project and recommend an appropriate sized dumpster. Here are some specifications and broad guidelines for each dumpster size we provide.
10 Yard Dumpsters
12′ long x 8′ wide x 4′ high
A 10 yard dumpster is usually appropriate for small remodeling projects and medium sized clean up projects. Here are some examples:
- medium sized basement, attic, or garage cleanouts
- deck removal up to 250 sq ft
- single shingle roof debris up to 1,500 sq ft.
- small kitchen or bath remodeling project
20 Yard Dumpsters
22′ long x 8′ wide x 4.5′ high
A 20 yard dumpster is going to be considerably longer than a 10 yarder. 20 yard dumpsters are generally best for medium sized renovation projects and large home clean up projects. Here are some examples
- large basement, attic, or garage cleanouts
- flooring or carpet removal for a large house
- deck removal from 300 to 400 sq ft
- single shingle roof debris from 2,500 to 3,000 sq ft.
30 Yard Dumpsters
22′ long x 8′ wide x 6′ high
A 30 yard dumpster is going to have considerable higher walls than a 20 yarder. 30 yard dumpsters are generally larger than what is necessary for any but the largest home cleanout projects, the are generally used for larger remodeling and renovation type projects. Here are some examples:
- major home additions
- construction of a new home
- demolition of a two car garage
- small to medium house complete siding or window replacement
40 Yard Dumpsters
22′ long x 8′ wide x 8′ high
A 40 yard dumpster is going to have even higher side walls than a 30 yarder. 40 yard dumpsters are normally only used for the largest of projects. Here are some examples:
- complete window or siding replacement for a large home
- commercial roof tear off
- commercial building clean out
- new construction or major additions
As we said, choosing the right dumpster size isn’t an exact science, if you have any questions about which size dumpster would be best for your project give us a call and we’ll help you pick the right dumpster size for your job and make your dumpster rental in Westchester simple.